Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Favorite



My Wife Amber opened a Women's Fashion Boutique and wanted a desk as unique as her store. I created this desk out of 4 antique doors. 1 five panel door and 3 one panel doors. It was by far the most thought provoking and rewarding project. All screws, braces, anchors, etc are out of sight. There were no nail or screw holes anywhere on the outter shell.

The doors came from an extensive apartment remodel in the vintage Avenues of Salt Lake City, Utah. The Avenues is the first section of Salt Lake City to deviate from the original ten acre block grid pattern. Settled in the 1850's, Redesigned in the 1860's, but not becoming "The Avenues" as we know it today until 1907.

2 comments:

Bags That Fit said...

My absolute favorite too! It's like having my sweet husband at work with me all day long. Thanks baby for all your hard work and help with the boutique! I love you!

Elizabeth Ward said...

That is a beautiful desk. I think that you are amazing.